Tuesday, January 15, 2013

38 weeks

 
Wow.. baby sure has grown over the last 38 weeks. I think she's just about done cooking.. or hope so! At my 38 week appointment today I had gained back the two pounds I lost last week. Baby girl was very active. She had the nurse and I laughing over how much she was moving. Her heart rate was really high considering all of the shifting and kicking around she was doing while we were trying to listen to her heart tones with a heartbeat of 175. We may have a wild one on our hands. :) The important part is that she is active and that is a strong sign that she is healthy. I am showing no clear signs of labor yet. My doctor thinks I will have started to dialate by my next appointment. I am a little skeptical. If little girl does not come on her own I will be going in to be induced the morning of February 4th at the latest (1 week past my due date). I had considered whether I would want to try to wait out her arrival longer than that but after finding out from my doctor that the risks do increase slightly after 41 weeks I would rather not take any chances. Since everything worked out fine with my induction with Emmett at 1 week overdue I feel good that if she doesn't come naturally an induction at that time should be fine. I will be more than ready for her to come! I am trying not to get my hopes up that she may come earlier than that. If I am still pregnant on my 30th birthday it is not the end of the world. No matter what happens she should be here in less than 3 weeks!
 
I look forward to: Seeing what this little girl looks like.. Officially announcing her name to those who haven't asked or want to be surprised (we have been telling anyone who has wanted to know.. no secrets this time!).. Seeing Emmett's reaction when he sees this sister that we have been telling him so much about for the first time.. Finding out how it feels becoming a family of four.. Beginning my journey back towards my normal body weight and feeling like "myself" again.. Going through the nursing experience with my daughter.. And meeting all of our future challenges together.. It should be interesting.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment