Wednesday, January 2, 2013

36 Weeks


We are at 36 weeks! It's unbelievable. I had a doctor's appointment today and was told I am the "picture of perfect health". I am so grateful. Baby girl's heart rate was 128 this morning. She is still active but does a lot more shifting movements than turns and flips since she is running out of room. I had my group b strep test today (fun!) and will find out the results shortly. Not worried about that either way. My iron is back up after my last blood draw so I am continuing to take my iron pills with orange juice. This time around I actually weigh slightly more than I did with Emmett (no, I am not going to publish those numbers!) but it is hard to imagine why since I have less time to eat. My wedding ring still fits and with Emmett I stopped wearing it at 35 weeks. Perhaps its because it is so frigidly cold outside. Although, I haven't minded the cold temperatures at all being this pregnant. I am glad that Christmas is over so we can spend time at home getting ready for the baby to arrive. I have her room completely ready and the hospital bag is partially packed. I have been preparing some meals for the freezer here and there and doing some cleaning/organizing etc. Emmett's room is almost ready with just two projects left (the headboard and hanging his art work). I want to do some more child-proofing around the house so that I will worry less about Emmett if I am occupied with the baby. We plan to stay home until she arrives now so hopefully we will have plenty of time to get a few things done, clean, rest, and spend time together before her birth. Emmett has been increasingly clingy to his Mommy in the last few weeks. I wonder if he senses someone is going to be coming to steal some of his spotlight? I got out our infant carseat and washed the coverings etc. When I put it all back together - guess who wanted to get in it! And he still fit! Oh Emmett is going to have to learn how to share some things.. I am so anxious to have her join our family and to finally meet the little girl I have been trying to imagine over the last 9 months. I predict she will be around 8 1/2 pounds and have a full head of dark hair that is likely not to stick around too long after her birth (like her brother). I am praying that she is healthy and looking forward to holding her in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment