Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Deck - Before and After

My hard working husband and father-in-law recently spent some time out on our deck - stripping, prepping and staining it. I did help one evening - inbetween feedings - while Rustin's sister Katrina watched Emmett. However, it was obvious that Rustin and his Dad did the bulk of the work - and it looked like hard work! I told the person helping me buy stain at Home Depot (on my third trip for my third can) that one of the benefits of having a newborn baby is that Mama doesn't have to stain the deck! :) Thankfully we have people in our lives who are willing to help us accomplish these types of tasks (Grandma and Grandpa Nelson and Aunt Katrina).

Here are the results:

Before...

And After!

I also have to give credit to Katrina for coming over earlier this summer to help Rustin plant some flowers. Without her our baskets would most likely still be empty!


We even purchased some new deck furniture. Again, this was from Home Depot. It was much less expensive since we waited until later in the season so it was on clearance.


Thanks to Rustin and his mom, dad, and sister we now have a beautiful deck to enjoy! Hopefully the stain will protect it so it lasts for many more years.

3 comments:

  1. Deck looks great guys!!! I feel like maybe I should invite myself over for a toddy at some point soon. Maybe when it gets a bit cooler outside;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! How sbout a mai tai or a margarita so we can enjoy it on the deck in the warm weather?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the after photo, the deck looks like it was just newly built. It turned out perfect! The color choice is great too! Do you plan on getting a new color this year? How does your deck look now, btw? Have you done any makeovers on it?
    Julio Wells @ Aderhold Roofing & Construction

    ReplyDelete