Monday, May 9, 2011

40 Weeks


In all honesty, I was hoping NOT to make it to this post.. But here we are. 40 Weeks +1 Day, actually. :) This is my first day home from work - my first official day of maternity leave, but no baby yet! That is ok. I am going to keep myself busy cleaning, organizing, taking walks, making dinner, and napping. Anything to keep my mind off of the fact that I have NO idea when this little one will arrive.. but I am sure looking forward to it! In all honesty, the anticipation is killing me.. and I have no control.

So.. this is my outfit for today because nothing else fits. I am going to have to try to find something to put over this shirt when I take my walk because, if you can't tell from the picture, Shim is peeking out of the bottom! I guess someone just wants to say hello and is already trying to be the center of attention. :) I can't wait to see what type of personality this one will have!

At the doctor on Wednesday I was still measuring perfectly for 39 weeks so I am hoping that means that we are having an average-sized baby, although I have recently been asked (more than once) how many babies there are. I was also starting to efface at the time of my last appointment but no dilation yet. We go back to the doctor tomorrow so hopefully there will have been more progress made and we will see little Shim (who will have a new and nicer name) very very soon. One thing we know for sure is that we have less than 1 week to meet. If I haven't had the baby by Sunday the 15th I will be getting induced. So, I am hoping it won't come to that!

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment