Saturday, February 2, 2013

Announcing..

Hattie Jeanne Nelson
 
January 30, 2013
2:52pm
8 pounds 13 ounces
21" Long
 
 
The last few days have been a bit of a whirlwind. I had been hoping to go into labor all last week and finally woke up around 2:45am the morning of January 30th with strong but short contractions coming every two minutes. Of course there was an impending forecast of snow. I woke up a grumpy Daddy from his sound slumber to let him know what was going on. We waited until about 3:15am and called Amanda to come over and look after Emmett for us. She made it before the snow started really coming down. We loaded up our hospital bags and headed toward the hospital around 4:30am. We were in triage for about 2 hours and were finally seen and admitted by Dr. Kaufmann. I continued to labor until about 1:30 when I was checked at 6cm. I got my epidural (thank the Lord) and then had my water broken at 1:30. An hour later I thought the epidural was wearing off only to find out I was fully dialiated and ready to push. In 22 minutes our little girl was born at 2:52pm. She is perfectly healthy and looks so much like Emmett (so far) it has been a little unreal. We were able to bring her home yesterday on my 30th birthday. Emmett wasn't able to come to the hospital because of new rules surrounding the flu since it has been worse than normal this year. It was an emotional reunion for this Mommy since I hadn't seen him since Tuesday night. Amanda was a Godsend and was able to stay here all day with Emmett on Wednesday since his daycare was closed due to the weather. It was such a relief to have her here with him.
 
Our families were able to come visit the following day after the roads had cleared (somewhat).. Hattie Jeanne has been a little angel so far. She has hardly cried. My only concern is that she may have jaundice. We will find out on Monday when we take her to her first doctor's visit. Her hair is extremely dark - almost black - and full. It is long in the back. She is just what I had imagined. :) She has a pouty lip (as did her brother) and dark dark eyes. Her head is tiny (14th percentile) and she has dainty little features. Her legs, arms, feet, and body are long and skinny. Her complexion has been a little rosier than Emmett's was. Her ears are small and her eyebrows are light and not fully filled in. She prefers to be swaddled with her arms in and is very cuddly. We are more than enjoying this special time with her. Here are a few more pictures...
 




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment